/AoF/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Mic Check
A thought cam to me I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 15, 2023 1:52 am by mcmonkey

» AoF is COOL
A thought cam to me I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2019 12:46 pm by Leonardo

» FORUM EDITING LOGS
A thought cam to me I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 5:49 pm by Leonardo

» Questionnare!
A thought cam to me I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 11:29 am by Alta

» Current Games
A thought cam to me I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 04, 2017 8:18 pm by Leonardo

» Pfft Sadness
A thought cam to me I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 04, 2017 8:17 pm by Leonardo

» Instagib!!
A thought cam to me I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2016 9:10 am by Alta

» Uber Quits Being AWOL and Returns in Style
A thought cam to me I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 4:54 pm by mcmonkey

» Leo sucks. Like a lot.
A thought cam to me I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 2:51 am by A-doy

A thought cam to me

+2
Avenger
Angelis
6 posters

Go down

A thought cam to me Empty A thought cam to me

Post  Angelis Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:36 am

Well Yoda and I were lms today. We noticed that we have had huge problems with spawnkills over the months. (so this is my idea to add to twiffy)

What if we made a bubble timer were it went off in 3 seconds and you cannot shoot at people or attack and people can't attack you till the bubble wears off?

And also put a laming thing on server like sol/ats have

were you lame 3 times and it silences and sleeps you then teles you into one of the jail cells automaticly and after 60 secs or whatever time you think it teles you back to the origin you were at when you lamed amwakes you and amsilences you again so you can talk? And if you lame twice or 1 time after 30 mins or whateevr time the lame counter sets back to 0

and if you lame 3 times and are sleeped and silenced

and then you wake up and are unsilenced the lamer counter sets back to 0

this will allow kop members to focuse on other things more and if they are not on will still guard the server from laming

and ampsay warning come on each time you lame

those are my 2 ideas.
Angelis
Angelis

Back to top Go down

A thought cam to me Empty Re: A thought cam to me

Post  Avenger Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:40 am

I think the First Idea can be implemented. Thats the use of Bubble.

But... I don't think it will work out well with the Second Idea..
Avenger
Avenger
Assassin Brother
Assassin Brother

https://www.facebook.com/anuj.khetrapal7

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelis Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:40 am

and also if the laming cycle happens three times and your slept teled 3 times it auto kicks you from server?
Angelis
Angelis

Back to top Go down

Post  A-doy Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:23 pm

First idea is good, second idea...well i think same as Vengy, if it will be implemented in future it needs to be worked out. my opinion
A-doy
A-doy
Assassin Brother
Assassin Brother

Back to top Go down

Post  Prov Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:46 pm

I'm pretty sure there's already a few cvar settings for protection bubbles. But the main problem with bubbles is this:

Imagine you're at, say, ctf_bespin. You have just killed a person via your sniper rifle. You are leaping down the hallway that runs alongside the flag room. Suddenly, that person spawns at the end of the hallway. You aim your rifle at them and shoot, but the bubble in front of them blocks your shot. Since the shot was blocked by the bubble, you jump to the flag. Just as you get there, though, the person whom you tried to shoot kills you instead, because they knew you were coming to the flag.

How would you feel about that? You'd feel cheated; that the other person had some sort of advantage over you. I am against the adding of protection bubbles in a capture the flag game.

In a last man standing game, though, I suppose this would be a good idea. I imagine that the gametype configuration files could easily be modified to result in the bubbles only occurring when there is a last man standing game going on.

As for the second idea, it does need some refining. Isn't that what the entire point of KoP is, though? I think it was envisioned to be the Anti-Lamer Patrol of AoF.
Prov
Prov
Assassin Brother
Assassin Brother

http:///leonardork.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Vader Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:20 pm

Dudeman wrote:Anti-Lamer Patrol of AoF

Good ol' uL lmao
Vader
Vader
Assassin Brother
Assassin Brother

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelis Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:37 pm

well the second idea just hit me while I was typing the first. And it was just ment so that a anti lame system would be run automaticly for one to free admins somewhat from havint to babysit all the time. And plus since admins don't see eevrything that goes on it would always be on and they would not have to worry about it. Plus we could add commands in twifi admin for kop to change the settings for example

amlamer counter 0 (name of player)- to set the lamer counter back to zero

amlamer wait_time (player name) 5 - make them wait silenced and slept and in jail for 5 minutes

amlamer count 3 - set how many times they can lame before they are slept, silenced and teled

amlamer maincontrol_off - turn the lame system off

amlamer maincontrol_on - turn it on

amlamer ampsay,MESSAGE,1, - to change the message that is ampsay to the player when they lame and the number 1 means when they first lame this message will appear so you can customize the message after each time they lame

amlamer after_time 30 - how many minutes before the lamer counter turns back to 0

the great thing about this is with these commands it can be tweaked to fit the needs of the people in game by any council member (or kop members fit) and can be turned on or off when needed. (if this is ever accepted I'm sure mc will tweak the naming of the commands or how they would work)
Angelis
Angelis

Back to top Go down

Post  mcmonkey Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:37 pm

Angel wrote:Well Yoda and I were lms today. We noticed that we have had huge problems with spawnkills over the months. (so this is my idea to add to twiffy)

What if we made a bubble timer were it went off in 3 seconds and you cannot shoot at people or attack and people can't attack you till the bubble wears off?
That already exists in default JK2. It should be enabled at AoF, unless someone mixed up the settings. Is it not enabled?

were you lame 3 times and it silences and sleeps you then teles you into one of the jail cells automaticly and after 60 secs or whatever time you think it teles you back to the origin you were at when you lamed amwakes you and amsilences you again so you can talk? And if you lame twice or 1 time after 30 mins or whateevr time the lame counter sets back to 0
That's f**king retarded.
You can't lame at AoF. At all. Ever. Twifire has chat protection built it - if you're typing, you can't be killed. It also has saberdown protection, but the old AoFer people decided that should be turned off.
mcmonkey
mcmonkey
Assassin Brother
Assassin Brother

Location : 2112, Alta Street, Los Angeles, California, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Universe #42

http://mcmonkey.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelis Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:03 pm

mcmonkey wrote:
Angel wrote:Well Yoda and I were lms today. We noticed that we have had huge problems with spawnkills over the months. (so this is my idea to add to twiffy)

That already exists in default JK2. It should be enabled at AoF, unless someone mixed up the settings. Is it not enabled?

That's f**king retarded.
You can't lame at AoF. At all. Ever. Twifire has chat protection built it - if you're typing, you can't be killed. It also has saberdown protection, but the old AoFer people decided that should be turned off.

funny noobs seem to have no trouble killing people with chatbox on (plus its not that hard)
Angelis
Angelis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down