/AoF/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Mic Check
The Revisitation of Outcast (Part 2.5 + lots of everything else...) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 15, 2023 1:52 am by mcmonkey

» AoF is COOL
The Revisitation of Outcast (Part 2.5 + lots of everything else...) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2019 12:46 pm by Leonardo

» FORUM EDITING LOGS
The Revisitation of Outcast (Part 2.5 + lots of everything else...) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 5:49 pm by Leonardo

» Questionnare!
The Revisitation of Outcast (Part 2.5 + lots of everything else...) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 11:29 am by Alta

» Current Games
The Revisitation of Outcast (Part 2.5 + lots of everything else...) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 04, 2017 8:18 pm by Leonardo

» Pfft Sadness
The Revisitation of Outcast (Part 2.5 + lots of everything else...) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 04, 2017 8:17 pm by Leonardo

» Instagib!!
The Revisitation of Outcast (Part 2.5 + lots of everything else...) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2016 9:10 am by Alta

» Uber Quits Being AWOL and Returns in Style
The Revisitation of Outcast (Part 2.5 + lots of everything else...) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 4:54 pm by mcmonkey

» Leo sucks. Like a lot.
The Revisitation of Outcast (Part 2.5 + lots of everything else...) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 2:51 am by A-doy

The Revisitation of Outcast (Part 2.5 + lots of everything else...)

+6
Angelis
Black ASSassin
A-doy
Vader
Prov
Nick
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Revisitation of Outcast (Part 2.5 + lots of everything else...) Empty The Revisitation of Outcast (Part 2.5 + lots of everything else...)

Post  Nick Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:20 am

Okay,

I know, everyone may think I'm not active, and that I may have had some power issues in the past, that I may not always be nice, that I can be rash, and make really bad decisions, but I am just going to list out everything that's presently on my mind about jedi knight 2, the server, people, and all my awesome(maybe) ideas.

1.Firstly, Community Rules/expectations involving jk2 and our server:

A)Tag - /AoF/ has been our tag for quite some time, but AoF, being thin upon many platforms (games) doesn't have the same 'tag' in each place, so my question/idea with this, is to either, Have tags if you wish (not mandatory) as well as make them however you want ([AoF][>AoF<]/AoF/(AoF) (*&^AoF^&*))

In the comments, if you wish to make a comment upon a certain paragraph, just list a paragraph # in your comment, each paragraph/area will be labeled with a #.

B) That being said, this is involving jedi knight 2, a game we had held close for so long, and we loosed from, that I wish to clutch again. We had fun, we had options, and everyone had their own little piece. I would like to rekindle the idea of jk2 being a home, or common ground, and to permit some more of rule/rank system, to enforce map editing rules, server rules, and such. This basically, just requires the old council be re-formed.

2.EPIC IDEAS OF AWESOMENESS(still maybe):

A) Roleplay team!
So we never really got around to any major roleplay events or anything, but I feel like if we pushed to revisit it, we could manage. I and looking for people who would like to roleplay, but who would also like to construct a story, fill roles, edit maps for certain scenarios and such.

B) Information Hub!
We're had Yavin_temple as the server normal map for...well, a very damn long time. I'm thinking we should honor that. I think we should turn the hangar control room, into a legacy hub, for us to list members names, dates formed, contact info, site, events, and such in, for the public to view if on server, but also for memories sake to remind us of the all the good that has happened on yavin (minus the statues...everywhere...)

Let me know what you all think. depending on what is said/agreed upon, more ideas will be mentioned.
Nick
Nick
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

The Revisitation of Outcast (Part 2.5 + lots of everything else...) Empty Re: The Revisitation of Outcast (Part 2.5 + lots of everything else...)

Post  Prov Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:41 am

*Note that these are my opinions. Part of what I'd love to see AoF become is a place where we all discuss and decide things together, so I'd love if everyone weighed in on this somehow.*

1.A)
I'm fine with non-mandatory tags, but I think that if tags are used, that they should be /AoF/ to separate us from any other AoFs out there. Colors, of course, shouldn't matter.

1.B)
AoF having ranks, a ruling council, and such would mean that it would become more like a clan again, which I would very much like us to not go back to. I prefer us as a community, especially now that we don't all play together nearly as much. Plus, some of our members are in clans, and...I just really don't want us to be a clan again.

2.A)
I love the idea of more roleplaying, especially on JK2. It's a lot of fun to do (I know I enjoy playing multiple characters with multiple windows of JK2). Nothing really happened before with organizing RP, but I do feel like we should try again with that.

2.B)
We don't talk about the statues.
From what I'm gathering about this info hub, it sounds like a sort of AoF museum, with information about AoF's history and membership and the like in there. I feel like with some details and planning, this could be a good idea, and look forward to more input on the subject.

tl;dr: I like the idea of doing more stuff in AoF, but I don't like the idea of changing how AoF is now. It's not perfect, but I feel like making it a community was a good step, and I don't want to go backwards in progress.
Prov
Prov
Assassin Brother
Assassin Brother

http:///leonardork.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

The Revisitation of Outcast (Part 2.5 + lots of everything else...) Empty To clarify

Post  Nick Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:46 am

the rank/council comment was more for the purpose of decision making on map editing/clearing edits, and certain other server information. Not to re-militarize the community (or clan-i..rize..). Sorry for the misunderstanding, but I do apprentice your input prov. Very insightful.
Nick
Nick
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

The Revisitation of Outcast (Part 2.5 + lots of everything else...) Empty Re: The Revisitation of Outcast (Part 2.5 + lots of everything else...)

Post  Vader Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:19 am

As long as AoF stays a community, then everything is good. As for the other points they are fine. Smile
Vader
Vader
Assassin Brother
Assassin Brother

Back to top Go down

Post  A-doy Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:16 pm

Yes, it should stay as community, its not maybe perfect but way better than clan-ifying, imo. other parts seem fine to me
A-doy
A-doy
Assassin Brother
Assassin Brother

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:17 pm

I truly don't understand where this 'clan' idea is coming from, I said nothing about it...keep comments relevant please.
Nick
Nick
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post  Black ASSassin Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:14 pm

all ideas seem fantastic to me. This use to be one of my favorite games, so i just love that we are getting back to it and any changes that come with it seem fine to me.
Black ASSassin
Black ASSassin
Assassin Brother
Assassin Brother

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelis Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:49 pm

Most of that is ok.

But the legacy hub thing, do you know how long something like that would take to mod......

as well as we would have to have someone keep it up to date at regular intervals.....

the messages, the statues, and all.... would take a good hour or two hours to be modded and checked to see if it works. after that it would take about 15-30 minutes for someone to update all of it.
Angelis
Angelis

Back to top Go down

Post  Alta Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:38 pm

Angelis wrote:Most of that is ok.

But the legacy hub thing, do you know how long something like that would take to mod......

as well as we would have to have someone keep it up to date at regular intervals.....

the messages, the statues, and all.... would take a good hour or two hours to be modded and checked to see if it works. after that it would take about 15-30 minutes for someone to update all of it.

You have an army.
We have a chimp.
Alta
Alta
Mentor
Mentor

https://www.facebook.com/mattdrum2112

Back to top Go down

Post  Prov Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:54 pm

Two hours!?!? Who has TWO HOURS to spend on a video game!??!?!

It seems like people are okay with the more roleplay idea and the info hub idea, which is cool! I can't wait for more ideas to come forth regarding those.

Last edited by Prov on Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Prov
Prov
Assassin Brother
Assassin Brother

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelis Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:54 pm

Alta wrote:
Angelis wrote:Most of that is ok.

You have an army.
We have a chimp.

fair enough. xD
Angelis
Angelis

Back to top Go down

Post  mcmonkey Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:36 pm

Nick wrote:Not to re-militarize the community (or clan-i..rize..).
AoF ARMY SHALL RISE AND DESTROY THE OTHER ARMIES FOR NO PARTICULAR REASON OF MASS DESTRUCTION.

I like all of this, especially prov's responses.
(Minus alta implying I should do the whole museum room)

Roleplay FTW.
mcmonkey
mcmonkey
Assassin Brother
Assassin Brother

Location : 2112, Alta Street, Los Angeles, California, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Universe #42

http://mcmonkey.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Prov Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:31 pm

mcmonkey wrote:Roleplay FTW.

Speaking of this, we just had an awesome few-hour RP on the /AoF/ server.
As it turns out, Blackie is a master of surprise plot twists.
Prov
Prov
Assassin Brother
Assassin Brother

Back to top Go down

Post  Vader Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:37 pm

Too bad I was afk, when he did that. Cuz when I came back, I was like "wtf happened here?"
But yea, was lots of fun. Smile
Vader
Vader
Assassin Brother
Assassin Brother

Back to top Go down

Post  Avenger Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:39 am

Wow, A lot of things happened. Anyway, I agree with the Role-playing Idea. It sounds cool, I really want to try it out sometime.

As for the Legacy of AoF, I like it. Monkey can easily create that.

Its upto you guys, if you want to select a Council for Maps and stuff. I am neither against it or with it. I will accept whatever you choice you make.
Or it is just that maybe I am too lazy to even choose anything
Avenger
Avenger
Assassin Brother
Assassin Brother

https://www.facebook.com/anuj.khetrapal7

Back to top Go down

Post  Alta Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:40 pm

*prays for more duel tourneys and more ffa*

Let's face it, man, duel tourneys were some of the most fun things we ever did.
Alta
Alta
Mentor
Mentor

https://www.facebook.com/mattdrum2112

Back to top Go down

Post  Leonardo Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:44 pm

I'm thinking about doing lets plays on the games that we play, and posting them on youtube. There is a slight chance we could become at least a little well known. Sort of like Achievement Hunter/ Vanoss Gaming style. Wondering if anyone else would be onboard with an idea like this
Leonardo
Leonardo
Assassin Brother
Assassin Brother

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWInxjahjkiUERjgF9C72wA

Back to top Go down

Post  mcmonkey Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:49 am

Leonardo wrote:I'm thinking about doing lets plays on the games that we play, and posting them on youtube. There is a slight chance we could become at least a little well known. Sort of like Achievement Hunter/ Vanoss Gaming style. Wondering if anyone else would be onboard with an idea like this
Hell yeah.

We could be on AoF's official teamspeak while doing it to make the audio a bit more interesting ;D
( ts3.mcmonkey.org )
mcmonkey
mcmonkey
Assassin Brother
Assassin Brother

Location : 2112, Alta Street, Los Angeles, California, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Universe #42

Back to top Go down

Post  Leonardo Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:21 am

I figure that we've been doing this long enough and we always talk about doing something new. I'm thinking maybe we do SWTOR, some Garrys Mod, Minecraft, maybe some shooters or something. Everyone here has done well to stick it out this far in AoF and I figure we can share our adventures with the world/europe/n. America/locally.
Leonardo
Leonardo
Assassin Brother
Assassin Brother

Back to top Go down

Post  Prov Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:07 am

At the very least, it'd be fun to do.
Prov
Prov
Assassin Brother
Assassin Brother

Back to top Go down

Post  A-doy Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:08 am

I could be doing minecraft for some time in recent past but its in old ways again which means i wont be able to
voicechat and for longer time most probably. Meh
A-doy
A-doy
Assassin Brother
Assassin Brother

Back to top Go down

Post  Vader Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:05 am

Probably just Minecraft for me. YAY SHITTY COMPUTERS.

And if we did do this, would everyone record or just you leo? (since you say AH style, I'm assuming everyone lol (unless you mean commentary wise xD))
Vader
Vader
Assassin Brother
Assassin Brother

Back to top Go down

Post  Leonardo Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:26 pm

I'll record, but it would be nice if we got audio from more than just me. I think teamspeak would be a good idea in that case. If you dont have one, pick up a cheap headset.

I'd like us to at least start in Minecraft, and then GMod later down the line since those games get the most exposure on the internet. After that we can mix in whatever we like. I'm going to have to do some major forum rehauling, because hopefully we'll have more visitors, and i want it to be easy to navigate. Once this is done, AoF will be a closed community, which means membership isn't a thing unless we decide to invite someone new.

I need to get equipment before this actually happens and we need to get a name, i'm thinking just AoFGaming. Other than that, its up to you guys if you want to do this. I'm planning on doing Lets Plays anyway, i was just curious if my best pals wanted in with me.
Leonardo
Leonardo
Assassin Brother
Assassin Brother

Back to top Go down

Post  mcmonkey Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:23 pm

Leonardo wrote:
I need to get equipment before this actually happens and we need to get a name, i'm thinking just AoFGaming. Other than that, its up to you guys if you want to do this. I'm planning on doing Lets Plays anyway, i was just curious if my best pals wanted in with me.
I'm definitely in.

I'll record, but it would be nice if we got audio from more than just me. I think teamspeak would be a good idea in that case. If you dont have one, pick up a cheap headset.
A lot of us (Me, prov, nick, Alta, chos, sometimes but rarely a few other members appear) have already been teamspeaking and are all set up to do that. (Again, we got our own personal Teamspeak @ ts3.mcmonkey.org )

I'm going to have to do some major forum rehauling, because hopefully we'll have more visitors, and i want it to be easy to navigate. Once this is done, AoF will be a closed community, which means membership isn't a thing unless we decide to invite someone new.
Ooh, forum reorgs. As long as you don't delete anything (archive section FTW).

Also. WHY ARE YOU NOT ON SKYPE AT ALL D:
mcmonkey
mcmonkey
Assassin Brother
Assassin Brother

Back to top Go down

Post  Prov Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:40 pm

We're deleting THE ENTIRE FORUM.
EVERYTHING MUST GO! THAT'S RIGHT, FOLKS, EVERYTHING IS 70% OFF! BUY NOW!

I'll buy a headset online tomorrow. I'm excited for this!
Prov
Prov
Assassin Brother
Assassin Brother

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next