» Light Edits
Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:04 pm by Leonardo

» Instagib!!
Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:10 am by Alta

» Uber Quits Being AWOL and Returns in Style
Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:54 pm by mcmonkey

» Leo sucks. Like a lot.
Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:51 am by A-doy

» I am returning to power, as the Co-Founder of AoF.
Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:42 am by A-doy

» Star Wars RP!
Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:25 am by Alta

The Server of Much JK2ing

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Server of Much JK2ing

Post  mcmonkey on Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:52 pm

14:48:38 [INFO] </AoF/Angel> monk, honestly, why do you keep the jk2 server running anymore?
14:48:59 [INFO] [Server] I don't know
14:49:06 [INFO] [Server] Nobody plays there and Alta won't pay for it
14:49:10 [INFO] </AoF/Angel> no one in aof even goes on it anymore
14:49:10 [INFO] [Server] I should probably just take it down

So yeah. I give you til July 2nd for:
- AoF activity on JK2 to be existent. Doesn't have to be very active, just noticeably existent.
- Alta pays for the server.

Either/or but preferably both.

If this fails, Ima just take it down.

[2:31:32 PM] Angelis Kable: monkey knows wtf he is talking about
[2:31:38 PM] Angelis Kable: you might do well to listen to him
mcmonkey
Server Host
Server Host

Location : 2112, Alta Street, Los Angeles, California, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Universe #42

http://mcmonkey.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: The Server of Much JK2ing

Post  A-doy on Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:07 pm

14:48:38 [INFO] </AoF/Angel> monk, honestly, why do you keep the jk2 server running anymore?
14:48:59 [INFO] [Server] I don't know
14:49:06 [INFO] [Server] Nobody plays there and Alta won't pay for it
14:49:10 [INFO] </AoF/Angel> no one in aof even goes on it anymore
14:49:10 [INFO] [Server] I should probably just take it down
I am coming. Maybe not so actively (most recent days) but I am coming. I saw no one each time I came. Maybe except Angel like few times who came when we wanted to have little bit of fun. When I come I wait some whiles for someone to come. No avail. Id continue having fun anywhere with anything but when no one is coming...it gets boring and hindering my motivation to continue waiting. People said in past they will be at least some more active...what happened to that?
And such great game it is..

Assassin Brother

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelis on Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:41 pm

me and yoda are the most active ones there. and we don't stay long because no one shows up. I remember people like Leo, Alta, and Prov, saying they were going to be on jk2 alot more often. But I am seeing 0 hours on jk2 and like all fkin day on swtor. Because they are posting stupid ass pictures of swtor all throughout the day.

Guys if this server goes down, it basically guarantees the death of AoF (officially that is).
Angelis

Back to top Go down

Post  Prov on Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:04 pm

Honestly, honestly, is it worth keeping around? JK2 is dying anyway - it was fun while it lasted, but let's face facts here.

Nobody does show up for things, and even when there are activities in JK2 it's really not fun for long, or interesting enough to hold anyone's interest for more than 30 minutes.

Is it time to give up on JK2, despite the fact that it used to be lots of fun and was the birthplace of the clan? Or should we try to keep playing?

Let's get a discussion going here, guys. What do you all think?

How does the Force feel?
Prov
Assassin Brother
Assassin Brother

http:///leonardork.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  A-doy on Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:41 pm

Prov wrote:Honestly, honestly, is it worth keeping around? JK2 is dying anyway - it was fun while it lasted, but let's face facts here.
*Yeah that's the optimism. It is dying so why we are trying anyway? Lets make it end abruptly...
Yeah it is dying but while it still lasts why aren't we having fun?
Prov wrote:
Nobody does show up for things, and even when there are activities in JK2 it's really not fun for long, or interesting enough to hold anyone's interest for more than 30 minutes.
People claimed they will be active but it remained just in words. I have deep respect for their real lives occupations and I understand if they cant come.
My thought is just that if you can spend hours in TOR (referring to numerous screenies posted in Skype or forums) why are you not spending some whiles in JK2? Because this I see as one of possible reasons of AoF JK2 activity nearly died (or is close to dead).
Prov wrote:
Is it time to give up on JK2, despite the fact that it used to be lots of fun and was the birthplace of the clan? Or should we try to keep playing?
I personally would like to try to keep playing.

Well..so much for my opinion..it wasn't much easy to...Maybe I didn't use somewhere correct terms or put the feelings into proper words (sorry for that) but I hope you understood

Assassin Brother

Back to top Go down

Post  Prov on Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:56 pm

I appreciate you posting your opinion, Yoda. Let's keep them coming.

How does the Force feel?
Prov
Assassin Brother
Assassin Brother

Back to top Go down

Post  Avenger on Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:13 pm

We have been on Jk2 for more than a year. (Some of us for more than 2 years)
People surely get a bored of everything soon (Not from sex, the more the better)
And we can't stick to the same game ever. AoF is just not based on a game. It is based on the friendship of people, from different areas, different countries. It's like a Community. There will be changes, today or tomorrow and we have to accept them. We can't keep running from the fact that Jk2 won't die soon. It definitely will. So We gotta leave the shell someday and learn to fly. 

Surely we will find a good game soon enough.

So this is my personal opinion, AoF had its moments in JK2. Those moments were fantastic. We had fun but we need to move on. Not offending anyone, If I did. I am sorry.

Last edited by Avenger on Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Avenger
Assassin Brother
Assassin Brother

http://www.facebook.com/anuj.khetrapal7

Back to top Go down

Post  Prov on Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:15 pm

Venge, I also appreciate your opinion. I happen to agree with your conclusion. Regardless, thank you for posting. 

You and Yoda have both made good points.

What's decided in this topic could change AoF forever, so I would like it if everybody got in on this.

How does the Force feel?
Prov
Assassin Brother
Assassin Brother

Back to top Go down

Post  Alta on Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:52 pm

I'm with Venge on this one. The game doesn't matter, the friendships of the people do. We all talk mostly on the Skype group anyway. It has the extreme feel of a superawesome gaming community.

[10:18:51 PM] mcmonkey: Alta is god
[8:37:45 PM] Alta's Toplel Nub: > Types alta into name field
[8:37:49 PM] Alta's Toplel Nub: autocorrects to god
[8:37:53 PM] Alta's Toplel Nub: imokwiththis

[6:37:56 PM] mcmonkey: Teams with alta on them are unbeatable
[2:18:44 PM] (ง'̀-'́)ง The Alta (Owlta): Alta is love
[2:19:05 PM] mcmonkey: Alta is death
[2:19:12 PM] Venge: Alta is ..everything
[2:19:19 PM] mcmonkey: and alta is nothing
[2:19:20 PM] mcmonkey: amen

[6:21:34 AM] mcmonkey: GOOD NEWS EVERYONE
[6:21:45 AM] mcmonkey: TODAY IS HAIL YOUR OVERLORD DAY
[6:21:50 AM] mcmonkey: It's also that every day
[6:21:54 AM] mcmonkey: but extra hail'ing today
[6:22:36 AM] mcmonkey: For the good lord altu hath risen from his rock that he hid behind or something because I'm still unclear on a lot of bible scenes
Alta
Mentor
Mentor

http://www.facebook.com/mattdrum2112

Back to top Go down

Post  Prov on Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:58 pm

Alta wrote:I'm with Venge on this one. The game doesn't matter, the friendships of the people do. We all talk mostly on the Skype group anyway. It has the extreme feel of a superawesome gaming community.

100% in agreement. Thanks for the post, Alta.

How does the Force feel?
Prov
Assassin Brother
Assassin Brother

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelis on Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:23 pm

I agree with venge, however, I will still be on jk2 even if aof leaves it. so That makes me wonder what I will do when aof oleaves jk2 for good. But we will cross that road when we get there. It was a hell of a run, but it had to end sometime. *moment of peace*.
Angelis

Back to top Go down

Post  mcmonkey on Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:29 pm

In a shocking twist, the people who still play JK2 a lot want to continue, and those that abandoned AoF in general advocate the end of AoF-JK2 and possibly AoF itself.

mcmonkey
Server Host
Server Host

Location : 2112, Alta Street, Los Angeles, California, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Universe #42

Back to top Go down

Post  A-doy on Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:49 pm

Yeah, Venge said it and so did Alta. And when someday (..yes I hope it wont be that soon) AoF leaves JK2 well...I do feel great nostalgia for the fun and great moments we had and I will miss it greatly. Like Angel, I plan to continue playing JK2 when my occupations allow me so I can continue having fun with him or any of you if your steps will lead there or any other friends till the last moments of JK2.
I was AoF-er, I am and I will be. Doesn't matter in what game. With great community like ours it doesn't matter where I will be having fun.

Assassin Brother

Back to top Go down

Post  Vader on Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:03 pm

I'm not gonna make any fuss about this, most if not all has been said here. To be honest it doesn't matter what happens, as long as we find a game we can all have fun in, we can create new, fun memories. All I can say for now is that, whatever happens we'll have to go with the flow, and keep having fun while this community of people lasts.
Vader
Assassin Brother
Assassin Brother

Back to top Go down

Post  Derpeh on Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:31 pm

Ima have to agree with the rest of ya. Will miss Jk2 if it gets shut down but it doesn't mean we have to stop playing it forever. We might find it interesting some other day and start playing it again. I've noticed this with AoF a bit anyways sometimes its non stop jk2 for a few weeks then suddenly people get bored and start doing other things. Given my lack of free time these days I can't be active on jk2, minecraft, swtor and the skype chat all at once anyways so it doesn't affect me much. Whatever decision gets made I'll support it as best I can.

Also just a reminder that a few of our members only play jk2 so we would basically be "letting them go" I guess
Derpeh
Assassin Brother
Assassin Brother

Back to top Go down

Post  Prov on Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:41 pm

It's proven that we have a good bunch of guys here when the majority of us agree that we can move on from JK2 and find a different game. I love you all.

Derp definitely has a point - we don't have to quit JK2 forever. I also hope that we can continue to have fun with other games, like nearly everyone else has said. Perhaps we should start looking into games that aren't Minecraft or SWTOR, maybe some that are more easily accessible for all of us.

Regardless of what game it is, I think there should be some effort, from all of us, to have some more fun as a community.

I'll start looking around and talking with the rest of the leading members of AoF, see if we can come up with anything. If anybody has any new ideas, feel free to share.

How does the Force feel?
Prov
Assassin Brother
Assassin Brother

Back to top Go down

Post  Uberist on Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:42 am

I would suggest anyone who is currently active in this clan get Skype if they haven't already.  It's a active chat hub from AoF'ers to communicate while playing whatever game you want.

At least until we find another game we can all easily play that's not dead.
Uberist
Assassin Brother
Assassin Brother

Back to top Go down

Post  Leonardo on Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:53 pm

Hey guys, thanks for patiently waiting for me.

I agree with the effectiveness of Skype, it has become an extremely effective source of communication between the clan, and we can use it to see who is active, and who is not. Secondly, Jk2 has rapidly become inactive, new recruits are becoming hard to come by, and it seems it would be easier to find recruits, if we switched games to only focus on Minecraft, and The Old Republic. It takes the pressure off of Alta financially, but at the same time we still have a Star Wars presence, as well as the presence in minecraft. Ofc this would require some changes in rank and structure, but I think we can face it.

Anyway, thats about it.

Leonardo
Assassin Brother
Assassin Brother

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWInxjahjkiUERjgF9C72wA

Back to top Go down

Post  Black ASSassin on Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:16 pm

welp... than im basicly offically only able to chat on here in the forums, and the few times i go on skype which is nvr. hopefully i get minecraft soon. but until i do no blackie gaming Sad
Black ASSassin
Assassin Brother
Assassin Brother

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelis on Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:47 pm

Leonardo wrote:Hey guys, thanks for patiently waiting for me.

I agree with the effectiveness of Skype, it has become an extremely effective source of communication between the clan, and we can use it to see who is active, and who is not. Secondly, Jk2 has rapidly become inactive, new recruits are becoming hard to come by, and it seems it would be easier to find recruits, if we switched games to only focus on Minecraft, and The Old Republic. It takes the pressure off of Alta financially, but at the same time we still have a Star Wars presence, as well as the presence in minecraft. Ofc this would require some changes in rank and structure, but I think we can face it.

Anyway, thats about it.
ummm I would like to vote switching to this game [url=http://world.needforspeed.com/home?utm_source=(not set)&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=nfsw_chrome-web-store]http://world.needforspeed.com/home?utm_source=(not%20set)&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=nfsw_chrome-web-store[/url]
Angelis

Back to top Go down

Post  mcmonkey on Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:04 pm

Okay we're definitely not playing Need For Speed, especially not a shitty Chrome-web version.

Also, Prov, Chos, and I all quite enjoy playing BattleFront 2.

AoF has a BF2 server actually: /AoF/Pwnation
It's laggy and buggy but it's better than nothing.

(I iz hosting it, BTW)

(Note: I don't think AoF will or even should have an actual presence in BF2, outside of playing it occasionally. It's just not the right type of game.
We need games like JK2/minecraft/TOR where people can play the game or they can just sit around and hang out and chat and mod* and etc.)

( * TOR actually misses out on this part, which sucks muchly.)

mcmonkey
Server Host
Server Host

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelis on Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:17 pm

mcmonkey wrote:Okay we're definitely not playing Need For Speed, especially not a shitty Chrome-web version.

Also, Prov, Chos, and I all quite enjoy playing BattleFront 2.

AoF has a BF2 server actually: /AoF/Pwnation
It's laggy and buggy but it's better than nothing.

(I iz hosting it, BTW)

(Note: I don't think AoF will or even should have an actual presence in BF2, outside of playing it occasionally. It's just not the right type of game.
We need games like JK2/minecraft/TOR where people can play the game or they can just sit around and hang out and chat and mod* and etc.)

( * TOR actually misses out on this part, which sucks muchly.)
Actually the game is an actual mix of most wanted and carbon. and its a very big game.. its actually pretty good for a chrome web store game. and I got battlefield from it as well.

edit: I can show some screenshots
Angelis

Back to top Go down

Post  A-doy on Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:20 pm

Uhm nope. And also most probably people (dunno how others though) cant access the page. And registering when no one will play it (except you) is useless.

Assassin Brother

Back to top Go down

Post  Leonardo on Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:24 pm

TOR actually doesn't miss out on just sitting and chatting. You probably tag along with Alta all the time, and he cant sit still without doing a FP or a WZ. Meanwhile, Prov and I are on his Agent ship pretending to be Kirk and Spock. Its selective companionship xD

Leonardo
Assassin Brother
Assassin Brother

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWInxjahjkiUERjgF9C72wA

Back to top Go down

Post  Prov on Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:04 pm

Leonardo wrote:Meanwhile, Prov and I are on his Agent ship pretending to be Kirk and Spock. Its selective companionship xD
Best times.

Yeah, I think we should start playing games just for the fun of them with a bunch of us, until we find a game most or all of us can play. To tide us over, kind of.

EDIT: Angel, I appreciate you making a suggestion, but I don't think that's the right kind of game for us to all switch over to.

How does the Force feel?
Prov
Assassin Brother
Assassin Brother

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top