/AoF/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Mic Check
Commands for Modeling I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 15, 2023 1:52 am by mcmonkey

» AoF is COOL
Commands for Modeling I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2019 12:46 pm by Leonardo

» FORUM EDITING LOGS
Commands for Modeling I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 5:49 pm by Leonardo

» Questionnare!
Commands for Modeling I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 11:29 am by Alta

» Current Games
Commands for Modeling I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 04, 2017 8:18 pm by Leonardo

» Pfft Sadness
Commands for Modeling I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 04, 2017 8:17 pm by Leonardo

» Instagib!!
Commands for Modeling I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2016 9:10 am by Alta

» Uber Quits Being AWOL and Returns in Style
Commands for Modeling I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 4:54 pm by mcmonkey

» Leo sucks. Like a lot.
Commands for Modeling I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 2:51 am by A-doy

Commands for Modeling

+4
A-doy
Avenger
mcmonkey
KaleSkylark
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Commands for Modeling Empty Commands for Modeling

Post  KaleSkylark Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:55 am

Hello its concerning my modeling commands. I went on the AoF server today and I have noticed that all my modeling commands have been taken or gone. I do want them back again asap if that were possible that would be great.

KaleSkylark

Back to top Go down

Commands for Modeling Empty Re: Commands for Modeling

Post  mcmonkey Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:06 am

KaleSkylark wrote:Hello its concerning my modeling commands. I went on the AoF server today and I have noticed that all my modeling commands have been taken or gone. I do want them back again asap if that were possible that would be great.
JK2 lacks the ability to edit models in-game.
For modeling, use an external editor such as Blender.
mcmonkey
mcmonkey
Assassin Brother
Assassin Brother

Location : 2112, Alta Street, Los Angeles, California, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Universe #42

http://mcmonkey.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  KaleSkylark Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:35 am

*Sighs*. Thats what it all comes down to more downloads and more installments of online programs. Gee whiz thanks a lot.

KaleSkylark

Back to top Go down

Post  Avenger Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:14 am

Uhm.. are you sure its MODELING and not Modding?
A big difference between the two.
Avenger
Avenger
Assassin Brother
Assassin Brother

https://www.facebook.com/anuj.khetrapal7

Back to top Go down

Post  A-doy Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:16 am

Kale told me yesterday on server that all he mapmodding commands are gone. I wanted to give him it back but mcmonkey said Kale is hardly fitting for modding now or something like this. So i didnt give it back.
Tho i doubt he will be without practicing it and memorizing it sooo...what other modders think?
But yes if he will struggle a lot with it...i wont give it back
A-doy
A-doy
Assassin Brother
Assassin Brother

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelis Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:53 am

I think he needs a bit more time to practice...

And MC please give proof he is incapable of using commands..instead of just taking them w/o telling council beforehand or even mentioning the fact that you were going to.
Angelis
Angelis

Back to top Go down

Post  KaleSkylark Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:03 am

That doesnt mean you have to take the commands away from me though just because of that. But if you guys think that then so be it then. Am not gonna have people get all up in arms and all of that over this.

KaleSkylark

Back to top Go down

Post  Avenger Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:30 pm

Kale, I don't mean to sound rude but I have to say this:
I don't think you should do modding unless you are familiar with JK2 concept. You are not even familiar with the /name command, then how can you mod when you can't even set your name.I had to say this, sorry. Monk has enough proof, many unsuccessful attempts made by you for different commands.
I hope you will learn the concept of JK2 first, then I myself will talk to Council regarding your modding commands. If you have any question related to JK2, you can ask us, we will be more than willing to help Wink
Avenger
Avenger
Assassin Brother
Assassin Brother

Back to top Go down

Post  KaleSkylark Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:52 pm

Yeah. Well there goes working towards the pyramid idea we discussed for AoF_infinity for now I guess. *Shrugr*

KaleSkylark

Back to top Go down

Post  Leonardo Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:48 pm

A-doy wrote:Kale told me yesterday on server that all he mapmodding commands are gone. I wanted to give him it back but mcmonkey said Kale is hardly fitting for modding now or something like this. So i didnt give it back.
Tho i doubt he will be without practicing it and memorizing it sooo...what other modders think?

Hi. Since when does monkey dictate what commands our clan members get?

And then all of you are just telling Kale he needs more experience, which none of you are actually trying to provide, you're just telling him things he already knows.

Leonardo
Leonardo
Assassin Brother
Assassin Brother

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWInxjahjkiUERjgF9C72wA

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelis Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:04 pm

Leonardo wrote:
A-doy wrote:Kale told me yesterday on server that all he mapmodding commands are gone. I wanted to give him it back but mcmonkey said Kale is hardly fitting for modding now or something like this. So i didnt give it back.

Hi. Since when does monkey dictate what commands our clan members get?

And then all of you are just telling Kale he needs more experience, which none of you are actually trying to provide, you're just telling him things he already knows.

I don't mind trying to work with him. But that is yoda's job not mine.
Angelis
Angelis

Back to top Go down

Post  KaleSkylark Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:28 pm

Up to you doesn't really matter to me at all.

KaleSkylark

Back to top Go down

Post  A-doy Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:34 pm

I wld like to continue just mcmonkeys statement made me little hesitate.
No worries i will do something with Kale. I taught him something he just cant practice since monkey took everything from him
A-doy
A-doy
Assassin Brother
Assassin Brother

Back to top Go down

Post  mcmonkey Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:34 pm

Angelis wrote:I think he needs a bit more time to practice...

And MC please give proof he is incapable of using commands..instead of just taking them w/o telling council beforehand or even mentioning the fact that you were going to.
-First, what Venge said: Kale is inexperienced with JK2 itself. That must be fixed before he learns mapmodding.
-He doesn't know what the word "mapmodding" even means. That must be taught before he can be taught to actually do it.
-I watched Kale try to mapmod... he fails at the absolute basics in a way so hard it's shameful.
-He caused errors/crashes with the commands (This alone is why I removed them from him)
-We have no capable mapmodding masters available. Capable masters are: Venge(basics to semi-advanced), Ez(Basics to semi-advanced), Dud(Basics to advanced), and me (basics to super-advanced/hidden-commands)
I'm training T-Bone (sorta. He's not on much, but... not taking new basics students ATM.)
Dud is not playing JK2 anymore
Ez is not playing JK2 enough anymore
Venge can't get online enough right now to do much of anything
(Also, at some point, I'm probably going to try to train Yoda. ATM I can't help arguing and yelling when I'm around him so I'ma try to calm that down first.)
(I'm also semi-willing to teach advanced stuffz to members who already know the basics, assuming we can accomplish that without me murdering the apprentice.
Anyone interested, just ask... in a way that doesn't piss me off... [Good luck guessing what won't piss me off >Very Happy!])

Solution to the problem:
-Someone take Kale as a general JK2 apprentice, teach him everything, and try to help him advance his problem-solving skills if possible.
-Wait for a mapmodding master to be available.

Until this occurs, Kale is not fit for mapmodding.
Feel free to argue these points, but only if you're going to use logic, reasoning, and evidence.
mcmonkey
mcmonkey
Assassin Brother
Assassin Brother

Location : 2112, Alta Street, Los Angeles, California, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Universe #42

Back to top Go down

Post  KaleSkylark Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:38 pm

Dude that reeally hurts :/ But whatever MC whatever not gonna argue with you anymore.

KaleSkylark

Back to top Go down

Post  A-doy Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:44 pm

Well yes, we will help Kale, thats why we are here. And also when u will feel for it, tell me when and we can step on more advanced, mc, i m ready for it
And Kale is rly nice guy, maybe he needs just slightly different approach.
A-doy
A-doy
Assassin Brother
Assassin Brother

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelis Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:48 pm

mcmonkey wrote:
Angelis wrote:I think he needs a bit more time to practice...

-First, what Venge said: Kale is inexperienced with JK2 itself. That must be fixed before he learns mapmodding.
-He doesn't know what the word "mapmodding" even means. That must be taught before he can be taught to actually do it.
-I watched Kale try to mapmod... he fails at the absolute basics in a way so hard it's shameful.
-He caused errors/crashes with the commands (This alone is why I removed them from him)
-We have no capable mapmodding masters available. Capable masters are: Venge(basics to semi-advanced), Ez(Basics to semi-advanced), Dud(Basics to advanced), and me (basics to super-advanced/hidden-commands)
I'm training T-Bone (sorta. He's not on much, but... not taking new basics students ATM.)
Dud is not playing JK2 anymore
Ez is not playing JK2 enough anymore
Venge can't get online enough right now to do much of anything
(Also, at some point, I'm probably going to try to train Yoda. ATM I can't help arguing and yelling when I'm around him so I'ma try to calm that down first.)
(I'm also semi-willing to teach advanced stuffz to members who already know the basics, assuming we can accomplish that without me murdering the apprentice.
Anyone interested, just ask... in a way that doesn't piss me off... [Good luck guessing what won't piss me off >Very Happy!])

Solution to the problem:
-Someone take Kale as a general JK2 apprentice, teach him everything, and try to help him advance his problem-solving skills if possible.
-Wait for a mapmodding master to be available.

Until this occurs, Kale is not fit for mapmodding.
Feel free to argue these points, but only if you're going to use logic, reasoning, and evidence.

The biggest logical reason is that it is not your decision to decide if an "AoF" member is fit for admin commands or not. That is for the council to decide not you. Or am I wrong? (Which I am pretty sure I am not.)
Angelis
Angelis

Back to top Go down

Post  KaleSkylark Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:54 pm

Agreed with you totally Yoda to be quite honest and guess I should of told you this before all this came up I tend to be quite slow at remembering things then others and guess that part of my weakness but it doesnt mean I totally forget it at all either. Well correction on that one maybe I do tend to and need a few reminders here and there but I do remember them if your catching about what I am saying.

KaleSkylark

Back to top Go down

Post  mcmonkey Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:24 pm

Angelis wrote:The biggest logical reason is that it is not your decision to decide if an "AoF" member is fit for admin commands or not. That is for the council to decide not you. Or am I wrong? (Which I am pretty sure I am not.)
The only councilman who's a capable mapmodder is Dud, and he doesn't play JK2 anymore.

I actually have the Alta-given right to take his commands away in this case: Kale crashed the server, making him with mapmodding commands a threat to the server...

Also, if you can't logically argue with my logical reasons beyond "But you're not in charge", that means you either agree with me OR it means you prefer to make decisions based on random impulses rather than logic and do not deserve to hold any rank of power.
mcmonkey
mcmonkey
Assassin Brother
Assassin Brother

Back to top Go down

Post  KaleSkylark Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:38 pm

Are you accusing me MC of crashing th e server?? Huh?? :O How the sams hill can I even crash the server when I don't even know if I am doing that or not!!

KaleSkylark

Back to top Go down

Post  Alta Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:12 pm

KaleSkylark wrote:Are you accusing me MC of crashing th e server?? Huh?? :O How the sams hill can I even crash the server when I don't even know if I am doing that or not!!

KaleSkylark wrote:when I don't even know if I am doing that or not!!

mcmonkey can only take away admin commands if the person has shown that his/her improper use of the command can negatively impact the server itself, since it is mcmonkey's job to keep the server in pristine condition. I made that call since I'm the only one fronting the bill for the server in the first place. If it is indeed true that Kale has crashed the server through improper use or lack of knowledge of commands, then he should be taught well how to use said commands until comprehension has been achieved, then the commands may be kept. Any objections to that?
Alta
Alta
Mentor
Mentor

https://www.facebook.com/mattdrum2112

Back to top Go down

Post  A-doy Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:42 pm

No objections

(and when i was explaining Kale things, i provided each command with exact use, i.e. each command with at least several examples, plus the /dir as helping stuff, and i was also correcting him or giving some advice, that was when i was near him. If he is alone and doesnt know proper use of something but he uses it, then i have no objections against it. He also mentioned he didnt memorize it properly, but for that case i told him to use /condump to save the console text so he can later memorize the lessons, i just hope he begins to use it)
A-doy
A-doy
Assassin Brother
Assassin Brother

Back to top Go down

Post  KaleSkylark Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:10 pm

No. I have no objections to that. Well there goes doing any of the commands stuff at all.

KaleSkylark

Back to top Go down

Post  mcmonkey Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:57 am

KaleSkylark wrote:No. I have no objections to that. Well there goes doing any of the commands stuff at all.
In the future, when a mapmodding master is available, you might be trained. Don't give up hope entirely.
But only if someone teaches you general stuff first.
Was hoping Yoda would volunteer to do that, since he seems to like you. Guess not...
mcmonkey
mcmonkey
Assassin Brother
Assassin Brother

Back to top Go down

Post  Avenger Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:39 am

Kale I will be free for a couple of days Feb 16th onwards...so two days is enough to teach you SOME basics...hopefully you might remember them.
So just tell me the time you will be free and tell me your timezone too.
Also, I want a Councilman to be present during that time because I will have to give him some commands...and the councilman can supervise US.
I hope Thats ok?
Avenger
Avenger
Assassin Brother
Assassin Brother

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next