/AoF/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Mic Check
Forum Changes: Ideas and Brainstorm I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 15, 2023 1:52 am by mcmonkey

» AoF is COOL
Forum Changes: Ideas and Brainstorm I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2019 12:46 pm by Leonardo

» FORUM EDITING LOGS
Forum Changes: Ideas and Brainstorm I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 5:49 pm by Leonardo

» Questionnare!
Forum Changes: Ideas and Brainstorm I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 11:29 am by Alta

» Current Games
Forum Changes: Ideas and Brainstorm I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 04, 2017 8:18 pm by Leonardo

» Pfft Sadness
Forum Changes: Ideas and Brainstorm I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 04, 2017 8:17 pm by Leonardo

» Instagib!!
Forum Changes: Ideas and Brainstorm I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2016 9:10 am by Alta

» Uber Quits Being AWOL and Returns in Style
Forum Changes: Ideas and Brainstorm I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 4:54 pm by mcmonkey

» Leo sucks. Like a lot.
Forum Changes: Ideas and Brainstorm I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 2:51 am by A-doy

Forum Changes: Ideas and Brainstorm

+5
A-doy
Vader
Alta
mcmonkey
Leonardo
9 posters

Go down

Forum Changes: Ideas and Brainstorm Empty Forum Changes: Ideas and Brainstorm

Post  Leonardo Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:01 am

Before we start recording our adventures, there is a list of things we as a family need to take care of. I have opened this topic to officially record ideas that i will suggest, as well as take suggestions from the rest of you. So without further ado, here are my suggestions, hopefully you can help me improve them because i hope this to be a team effort:

1: Reduce forum content. Condensing old sections from our JK2 days into an all new "AoF Archives", making the forum easier to navigate. Updating our history. Cleaning up dead topics, etc.

2: Everyone will now have same forum rank. We are now all the same, the structure of a clan no longer applies to us, and potential fans we receive on youtube that visit the site need to see that we are all equal parts in a moving clock. Everyone gets admin. Alta retains lovability.

3: Create a joint Youtube channel that we can all access along with a separate email. This is so if one person is busy and cant upload a new video, anyone else can just by leaving it in the joint email. Password will be shared between members.

4: Give mcmonkey.org more exposure. Monkey does a lot for this community so its only right that he gets credit for basically everything. Fans will be able to use mcmonkey's site to play with us on minecraft, which should make for some interesting troll videos.

5: Social Media? Some of us are already on twitter, should we expand to facebook also? The youtube email will be used for this as well.

6: Create list of games we need to make videos in. This requires research unfortunately, we need to find out which games people want to see played in order to get more people visiting us.

Thats all i can think of as of now, please add suggestions or comments as you see fit, i'll add new proposals as we think of them. When we're done proposing, we'll hold a 2 day poll to ratify the new changes.
Leonardo
Leonardo
Assassin Brother
Assassin Brother

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWInxjahjkiUERjgF9C72wA

Back to top Go down

Forum Changes: Ideas and Brainstorm Empty Re: Forum Changes: Ideas and Brainstorm

Post  mcmonkey Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:09 pm

6: Create list of games we need to make videos in. This requires research unfortunately, we need to find out which games people want to see played in order to get more people visiting us.
Obvious initial set: minecraft, JK2, TOR. (Our home games). We could also do some for-fun side vids in games like L4D2 or Speedrunners. (as in, not a consistent series, just something we might record occasionally). I specify those two because some of us (me, prov, chos, nick) have been playing those a fair bit while teamspeaking and it's always epic fun.

3: Create a joint Youtube channel that we can all access along with a separate email. This is so if one person is busy and cant upload a new video, anyone else can just by leaving it in the joint email. Password will be shared between members.
I think we should limit the password to the channel to a few users who have reason to have it. Starting with: You, obviously (leading this ATM, you'll probably be recording). Me, probably (I'm tech master guy here ++ I'll probably record/edit videos sometimes), and alta because he gets access to everything.

2: Everyone will now have same forum rank. We are now all the same, the structure of a clan no longer applies to us, and potential fans we receive on youtube that visit the site need to see that we are all equal parts in a moving clock. Everyone gets admin. Alta retains lovability.
Please... do not give everyone admin. Too much damage done if we have trouble with a current or future member.

Cleaning up dead topics, etc.
What would that entail? Just locking them, or...?

4: Give mcmonkey.org more exposure. Monkey does a lot for this community so its only right that he gets credit for basically everything. Fans will be able to use mcmonkey's site to play with us on minecraft, which should make for some interesting troll videos.
And we can definitely use that site for... whatever is needed related to this. Basically, we have a full power webserver and can do with it as we wish. Anything from hosting a dynamic image to recreating our forums on it (which is pointless, I'm just saying it as an example of how far we could go). Any suggestions for things my site should do to help us out here are welcome.
mcmonkey
mcmonkey
Assassin Brother
Assassin Brother

Location : 2112, Alta Street, Los Angeles, California, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Universe #42

http://mcmonkey.org/

Back to top Go down

Forum Changes: Ideas and Brainstorm Empty Re: Forum Changes: Ideas and Brainstorm

Post  Alta Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:45 pm

There is a somewhat eh Facebook page, but I'll whip a new and /improved/ one up really quick for us
Yay retaining love and yay activities
Alta
Alta
Mentor
Mentor

https://www.facebook.com/mattdrum2112

Back to top Go down

Post  Leonardo Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:10 am

Make sure you create a clan email also Alta, that is crucial to us sharing data.

I agree that we stick to lets plays in our home games, why stray from what we know? L4D2 is a good pick as well, sounds like i need to try speedrunners.

The all admin thing: I assume we trust the remaning members here so i for some reason am not worried about the forum being compromised. I can just restore it whenever anyway. Also this is something i forgot to explain: AoF is now a closed community, which means membership is now via invite only. The candidate must also be approved by all active members in order to officially join.

Youtube channel: For now we'll keep the access between Alta, monkey, and myself. Possibly add Vader and Prov eventually since they are always onboard and enjoy lets plays.

The dead topics will be locked, and stored within the AoF Archives along with all of our past activities, mostly to be viewed by visitors.

As for mcmonkey.org, i'm open to any suggestions/cool ideas it could be fully utilized for. I thought originally it could track us playing whatever game and fans could join us, but now i feel like it could be used for something more ambitious
Leonardo
Leonardo
Assassin Brother
Assassin Brother

Back to top Go down

Post  Vader Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:45 am

If we want to get views, then playing a new game will increase the chances of people liking it and subscribing.
If we stick with our old games, not so much.

(Not sure if we'd be semi serious about this, or if this is just mostly for our enjoyment).
Vader
Vader
Assassin Brother
Assassin Brother

Back to top Go down

Post  A-doy Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:19 am

Hey I enjoy lets play too... but should you make it some sooner (in relation to time) D:
Tho I can rarely voicechat (so?) but at some points next week I might be able to.

The recorded videos could be placed on monkey's site..? Not just forums, Just idea

From the games you intend to play, for me counts MC and possibly JK2 too. But TOR/L4D2 surely not.

Approved by all active members, the invited guy. Well having just few majority of time, well now also with the schools starting.. but ye I could agree with that
A-doy
A-doy
Assassin Brother
Assassin Brother

Back to top Go down

Post  Avenger Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:14 am

Well that would work. I say, Limit the people who have access to the YouTube account. Maybe give the password to those who are absolutely certain that they can handle it and are volunteering.
Leonardo wrote:AoF is now a closed community, which means membership is now via invite only. The candidate must also be approved by all active members in order to officially join.
Regarding that, If AoF is even a little successful as a gaming community (I have faith that it will be good but you still gotta think of the other points) then it is wise that we change the membership to invite only. It would be a lot crowded soon. But if it is not, then AoF still has us.

Just to let you know, I don't think my schedule allows me to play during weekdays but on Fridays and Saturdays? Sure, except if there is an emergency.

Avenger
Avenger
Assassin Brother
Assassin Brother

https://www.facebook.com/anuj.khetrapal7

Back to top Go down

Post  Black ASSassin Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:21 pm

even though not helping much, help bout we attempt to try to play unturned? its a free game and its a mix of minecraft and dayz.

also, i would really like to attempt to get active more and start joining in when we play and chat. It will take me some time to get used to it since my last year oh high school starts Thursday, but i can get a lot more active.

about that admin for forum, why not give it a go? everyone is trustworthy here besides myself who is power-hungry.

Other games which i recommend later on(since i dont have and you guys probably dont have either) but are very fun and get alot of views on youtube is dayz and garry's mod. those are some good games, but we should stick with what we know for now.
Black ASSassin
Black ASSassin
Assassin Brother
Assassin Brother

Back to top Go down

Post  Leonardo Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:57 am

Yoda i was hoping we used mcmonkey's website for something besides posting videos, since we will be using youtube. Give me some time to ponder on what it can be used for, all i know right now is that we should utilize it.

As per the youtube channel, i trust you all so joint access will be given to all members, or at least that is my wish. If anyone disagrees as to why that shouldnt be with a valid reason, then only a couple members will receive access.

Anyway, not to worry on recording Venge, i'm hoping to record on Fridays/Weekends and then we'll pick a day during the week to post the video. It should be wednesday/thursday to give time to edit.

Early on, we're most likely going to record many minecraft videos because its the one game we have that people frequently search. I have some ideas for video topics that we'll discuss. After that, easing in JK2 would be best, then occassionally some TOR. Eventually though, i would definitely like to move on to Garry's Mod. Prop hunt is kind of a hot topic right now.
Leonardo
Leonardo
Assassin Brother
Assassin Brother

Back to top Go down

Post  A-doy Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:11 am

Okay I thought I might be able to voicechat this week but it turned out differently so maybe next time D:
A-doy
A-doy
Assassin Brother
Assassin Brother

Back to top Go down

Post  Leonardo Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:17 pm

Thats okay, i'm still getting the necessary equipment for recording and i'm trying to get my hands on a turtle beach headset. Regardless if you cant chat or not you'll all still be mentioned in the video intro.

Does anyone have any alterations or suggestions to tweak the proposals above? Speak now because i'd like to start the forum rehaul
Leonardo
Leonardo
Assassin Brother
Assassin Brother

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:23 am

seeing as this was our original plan for MC, I'm all for it.
Nick
Nick
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post  Leonardo Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:48 am

When was this the "original plan"?
Leonardo
Leonardo
Assassin Brother
Assassin Brother

Back to top Go down

Post  Leonardo Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:44 pm

I apologize for the double post, I just found this article that I think everyone should read, at least the software/hardware part.

http://letsplay.wikia.com/wiki/LP_guide_for_newbies
Leonardo
Leonardo
Assassin Brother
Assassin Brother

Back to top Go down

Post  mcmonkey Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:55 pm

Leonardo wrote:I apologize for the double post, I just found this article that I think everyone should read, at least the software/hardware part.

http://letsplay.wikia.com/wiki/LP_guide_for_newbies
I for one am fully set up for recording -> see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkfoFTEZWYE

probably it'll be just me and you recording though.

When was this the "original plan"?
A while ago (while you were absent from AoFland), we have a skype group for it and everything. Nick and I were going to lead it, but it never really ended up happening.
mcmonkey
mcmonkey
Assassin Brother
Assassin Brother

Location : 2112, Alta Street, Los Angeles, California, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Universe #42

Back to top Go down

Post  Leonardo Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:53 am

Monkey, you never disappoint.

I'm curious by the way, will we all finally hear your voice?

I'll be browsing headsets today when I pick up my copy of Destiny, and if you're wondering why I haven't been on Skype, it's because I haven't downloaded it yet. #fail

Anyway, it appears that everything is in place, so I will start the poll.
Leonardo
Leonardo
Assassin Brother
Assassin Brother

Back to top Go down

Post  A-doy Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:57 pm

You didnt download skype? :O then who i was seeing as Leo online in my skype contacts list Surprised, or it was on phone?
A-doy
A-doy
Assassin Brother
Assassin Brother

Back to top Go down

Post  Leonardo Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:27 pm

Probably phone
Leonardo
Leonardo
Assassin Brother
Assassin Brother

Back to top Go down

Post  Prov Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:43 pm

Leonardo wrote:Monkey, you never disappoint.

I'm curious by the way, will we all finally hear your voice?

Monkey's actually been in Teamspeak quite a lot lately, and has been making videos of new minecraft server features with audio commentary.

Be warned, though - his voice is incredibly sexy.
Prov
Prov
Assassin Brother
Assassin Brother

http:///leonardork.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mcmonkey Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:40 pm

Leonardo wrote:
and if you're wondering why I haven't been on Skype, it's because I haven't downloaded it yet. #fail
doitdoitdoitdoitalready!
mcmonkey
mcmonkey
Assassin Brother
Assassin Brother

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down